Steamed Clams Recipe
This Steamed Clams (Vongole) recipe is bursting with flavours thanks to a colourful mix of cherry tomatoes, fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon – it really makes cooking seafood, simple. Join me in one of my favourite secret spots of Sydney and I’ll take all of your senses for a ride in just a few short minutes while home delivering this basic lesson in cooking clams.
Share it with your best friends on FACEBOOK
Get the recipe: http://bit.ly/steamedclamsrecipe
Check out my website for full #recipes and to follow my blog: http://bit.ly/vincenzosplate
Subscribe to my #YouTube channel! http://bit.ly/youtubeVP
Follow me on:
Instagram @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPinstagram
Tweet me! @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPTwitter
Also join this Incredible Google+ community:
“Italian Style Food Revolution” http://bit.ly/Italianstylefoodrevolution
Steamed Clams Recipe
1 kilo of clams (or Vongole, washed)
10 ripe cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
A bunch of fresh parsley (chopped)
Salt & Pepper
1 garlic clove (chopped)
½ glass white wine
Extra virgin Olive oil (EVOO)
Fresh bread (2 slices per serve)
Medium size fry pan with lid
Mini saucepans to serve (optional)
1. To cook Steamed Clams, put the pan on the stove at a low heat and add a generous amount of EVOO.
2. Once heated, add chopped garlic and cherry tomatoes to the pan and then mix together using a wooden spoon.
VINCENZO’S PLATE TIP: If you like the strong flavour of garlic in your seafood dishes, chop up the parsley a little larger than normal and the flavour will infuse in the clams. If you prefer it a little less garlicy, throw a couple of small cloves in the mix with the skin still on and remove them before serving.
3. Add the clams, parsley and ½ glass of white wine before stirring well.
4. Shortly after, the wine will begin to evaporate and the clams will begin to open.
5. A few minutes later, squeeze some fresh lemon over the top and stir once again. Put the lid on top and leave it to heat up so that all the clam shells open. Once they do, remove the lid and add some salt and pepper.
6. Cover it for an additional 2-3 minutes or until all of the shells have opened.
HOW TO SERVE:
Serve the steamed clams in mini saucepans for added presentation, with crusty bread on the side..and ALWAYS remember to add some extra broth to each serving. You won’t be able to resist soaking the bread in it while you scoop up the clams.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
Camera Operator: Bill Z Way
Production Company: Fame Park Studios
Music “Oktogon” and “Platos178 ok” are composed and performed by Walter Gaeta
Walter Gaeta Website: http://bit.ly/waltergaetamusician
Keywords: Vincenzosplate, Vincenzos Plate, Chef Vincenzo, Italian food, recipes, Food, Sydney, Australia, Italy, Italian, Pasta, Italian recipes, Pizza recipe, Italian cuisine, how to cook, cooking show, drinks, aperitivo, Bbq, Grilling, Leichhardt, cooking, delicious, modern, Italian food recipes
Watch the video recipe: http://youtu.be/6XWpAMym70Yv