Get the recipe for Smoked Salted Caramels here: http://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/baked-goods/smoked-salt-caramels
Get a new recipe each week at http://www.traegergrills.com/recipes
If you don’t want to smoke your own sea salt, use our Jacobsen Cherry Wood Smoked Salt. Order here: http://www.traegergrills.com/shop/rubs-spices/cherry-smoked-salt/SPC152.html
Tips for making caramel candy:
1. Test caramel with a candy thermometer.
2. Generously line a baking sheet with parchment paper so that the caramel will come out of the pan easily. Allow it to hang over each of the sides by a couple inches.
3. Never cook caramel on high.
4. In step one, only swirl the mixture, stirring it will disrupt the caramelization
5. Cook caramels to 248 degrees F. If it’s under temperature, the caramels will be too soft and if it’s over temperature, the caramels will be too hard.
6. Refrigerate caramels to allow them to harden so they are easier to cut.
How to make flavored salt: Take kosher sea salt, however much you want to smoke, and spread it out on a tray. Start the Traeger on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Smoke on your Traeger for about 24 hours, stirring the salt every 8 hours. Once it has smoked for 24 hours, take off the grill and use in all your favorite dishes.
Traeger hardwood pellets create a robust and flavorful smoke that infuses food with a layer of delicious flavor. Create your own flavored sea salt by smoking it low and slow overnight on your Traeger pellet grill. Check out @TraegerRecipes on Instagram for a new recipe each and every day, 365 days a year. Traeger turns family recipes into culinary masterpieces. From BBQ chicken and roasted vegetables to grilled salmon and smoked baby back ribs, Traeger infuses food with all-natural smoke. Shop Traeger grills here: http://www.traegergrills.com/shop/grills/
Connect with us…
…on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TraegerPelletGrills/
…on Instagram: https://instagram.com/traegergrills/
…on Instagram: https://instagram.com/traegeroutdoors/ For cooking off the grid.
…on Instagram: https://instagram.com/traegerrecipes/ Get a new recipe each day.
…on Instagram: https://instagram.com/traegerBBQ/ Get BBQ inspiration.
…on Instagram: https://instagram.com/traegerculinary/ Get cooking with us.
…on Twitter: @TraegerGrills, https://twitter.com/traegergrills
…on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/traegergrills/
Check out http://www.traegergrills.com/recipes for a new recipe each week.