Sheer khorma or Sheer khurma literally “milk with dates” in Urdu) is a festival vermicelli pudding prepared by Muslims on Eid ul-Fitr in Pakistan,India and Bangladesh. It is a traditional Muslim festive breakfast, and a dessert for celebrations. Sheer , is Persian for milk and khurma is Persian for dates. This dish is made from dried dates.
Cashew nuts 1/2 Cup
chironji 1/2 Cup
Pistachios 1/2 Cup
Ghee 3-5 Tablespoons
Seviyan 1 Cup
Dates 8-10 Numbers
Cardamom powder 1/4 Teaspoons
Sugar 1 Cup
Milk 500-600 ml
1. Take water in a pan and add cashew nuts, chironji, pistachios for 10-15 mins and strain the water and place it in the cloth and rub it to remove the skin as shown in the video.
2. Cut cashew nuts, pistachios into thin slices.
3. Place the chironji in water so that skin is detached. Now use the strainer and remove the skin, and remove the water.
4. Take a plate and place slices of cashew nuts, pistachios and chironji.
5. Take a pan and add milk and boil it.
6. Heat 1 tbs ghee in another pan and add slices of cashew nuts, pistachios and chironji and saute it and transfer it into a plate.
7. In the same pan add 1 tsp of ghee and roast the ripened dates and transfer it into a plate.
8. Again in the same pan add 1 tbs of ghee and add fine seviyan and roast it.
9. Add water, sugar, boiled milk, half of the roasted cashew nuts, pistachios, chironji, dates, cardamom powder and boil it and switch off the flame.
10. Now garnish with roasted cashew nuts, pistachios, chironji, dates and serve it.
“Reach vahrehvah at –
Website – http://www.vahrehvah.com/
Youtube – http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=vahchef
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/VahChef.SanjayThumma
Twitter – https://twitter.com/vahrehvah
Google Plus – https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/116066497483672434459
Flickr Photo – http://www.flickr.com/photos/23301754@N03/
Linkedin – http://lnkd.in/nq25sW
Picasa Photos- http://picasaweb.google.com/118141140815684791742
Blogger – http://vahrehvah.blogspot.in/”