How To Make Shrimp Salad With Lettuce And Roasted Veggies. Get the recipe from: https://www.blondelish.com/recipes/salad-recipes/healthy-shrimp-salad-recipe/
After these holidays’ feast, I am sure we all gained a few extra layers on our ‘six-packs’, right? (I really hope I am not the only one).
And with summer around the corner (ok, more like 2-3 corners away), I am sure we are all getting into our living-healthy mode.
Around this time, everybody starts looking for healthy diets, weight-loss smoothies, and gym memberships.
The reason behind this is pretty simple. We all want to look amazing, especially during summer.
And to help you (and myself) achieve that, I will show you how to make a shrimp salad, which is healthy, tasty and incredibly easy.
This is the kind of salad that will get you into that bikini body you dream about.
And the best part?
Salads like this make it easier to keep a diet because they are nourishing and crazy delish.
You don’t have to sacrifice taste like you would with other diet foods.
Here are few useful tips that will help you make the best shrimp salad in the world.
1. If you can, make it with fresh shrimps. This way, you won’t need to defrost them so it will take just 15 minutes to make this easy shrimp salad recipe.
2. If you can’t find them fresh, don’t be afraid to use frozen. Often, this is as fresh as it gets, due to nowadays technology which is able to freeze them right after they’re caught.
3. When you buy fresh shrimps they should be grey colored. This may be obvious for most of you foodies, but I’ve met a lot of people who think they should be pink. They are pink if they’ve been precooked (boiled) and those may have added sugar and salt to last longer on the shelves.
4. It is very important to defrost the shrimps in cold water to prevent any bacteria spreading. Not warm, nor hot. Just cold water! They will need about 15 minutes to defrost.
5. The veggies I used in this easy shrimp salad recipe can get cooked really quick. So if you want to change them make sure to use ones that will get ready in 10 minutes. (that’s how long it takes to cook the shrimps). Also, dice the butternut squash into small cubes so that it will get cooked at the same time as the rest of the veggies.
I made this shrimp salad spicy by adding chili flakes, but if this is not your cup of tea, just don’t use them. It will come out just as yummy, I promise.
Also, I used a very simple, yet so delicious dressing. You can see the dressing’s ingredients in the recipe. Just click on the link above.
Now it’s time to show you how to make this easy shrimp salad recipe.
Follow for more recipes: