Fish en Papilotte – Fish which is cooked by putting it into a folded parcel and then baking it. This fish comes out extremely succulent and saturated with flavors. When it bakes, the steam causes it to puff up, rewarding you with a cloud of aromatic steam when you cut into it. Food blogger Tarika Singh brings you this delectable recipe which is a great replacement to your regular meal.
1 fillet of Basa Fish (about 300 grams)
For seasoning the fish:
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. Thime
1/4 tsp. red chilli flakes
salt and pepper to taste
1 bunch dill (freshly chopped)
1/2 zucchini (thinly sliced in half-moon shape)
1 carrot (sliced)
1 small potato (peeled & sliced)
1 small leek (chopped)
– Start with seasoning the Basa fish with salt and pepper and keep it aside.
– Pre-heat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
To make the dressing:
– In a glass, pour the extra virgin olive oil.
– Add the fresh lemon juice and the thyme to it.
– Add the chilli flakes (adjust to your spice levels), salt and pepper and give it a nice stir.
– Add a bunch of the freshly cut dill to the above dressing and stir well.
To make the veggies:
– Use half zucchini and cut it into small, half-moon shaped pieces.
– Slice up the carrot and the potato.
– Add all these veggies in a bowl and add most of the dressing to the veggies (save about 2 tsp. for the fish) and toss the veggies with the dressing.
To make the parcel:
– Take a parchment paper and start layering all the ingredients on it.
– The first layer would be of the chopped leek. Top this layer up with the veggies that you tossed with the dressing.
– Spread the veggies evenly over the layer of leek.
– Place the seasoned fillet of Basa fish over the layer of veggies.
– Drizzle on the leftover dressing (about 2 tsp.) and also sprinkle the remaining dill over the fish.
– Seal the parchment paper by folding and turning it inwards from all sides. Make sure you seal the parchment paper well.
– Bake the fish in the pre-heated oven for about 15-17 minutes.
– Once it’s slightly puffed up, take it out of the oven and carefully cut the parchment paper.
– Your delicious fish en papilotte is ready to serve.
Host: Tarika Singh ( www.tarikasingh.com )
Director: Vaibhav Dhandha
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Kataria
Editing: Ravi Varma
VFX – Shravan Shah
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe and Get regular Updates: http://www.youtube.com/user/getcurried?sub_confirmation=1
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GetCurried