Find us on Facebook and Twitter: facebook.com/eatourfeelingsyum | twitter.com/eatourfeelings
For recipes, scroll down or visit www.eatourfeelings.com.
EPISODES: Heartbreakers (vimeo.com/eatourfeelings/heartbreakers), Brunch (vimeo.com/eatourfeelings/brunch), Valentine’s Day (vimeo.com/eatourfeelings/valentine), Cleanse (vimeo.com/eatourfeelings/cleanse)
Sasha’s Grilled Goat Cheese with Lemon Garlic Tomatoes and Avocado
• 4 slices Country white bread
• 1/2 avocado, sliced.
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
• 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
1. Heat up olive oil over low to medium heat. Add garlic and sautee for a couple of minutes until soft. Take care not to burn the garlic because the taste will turn from sweet to bitter. Add the lemon juice, stir, then add your tomato slices. Cook the tomatoes for a couple of minutes on each side. You want them to get soft but not so soft that they are falling apart. Set aside, pouring most of the garlic lemon sauce over them to marinate but leaving some in the pan for grilling the sandwiches.
2. Assemble the sandwiches, making sure to include some garlic lemon sauce when adding the tomatoes.
3. Grill the sandwiches over medium heat. You may need to add more olive oil to the pan. I like to put some heavy jars or another pan on top of the sandwich to press it down while grilling. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
4. Eat immediately.
Emma’s Roasted Red Pepper and Sweet Potato Soup (vegan)
• 2 red bell peppers
• olive oil
• 2 carrots, medium dice
• 3 stalks celery, medium dice
• 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, medium dice
• 1 medium yellow onion, medium dice
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
• 1/2 tsp coriander
• 6 cups, vegetable stock
• 1/4 cup cashew meal
• salt, to taste
• zest of 1/2 lemon
1. At 400, roast peppers until the skin has blackened (about 45 min-1 hour). Cover peppers to steam for about 20 minutes. Discard skin and seeds. Roughly chop pepper.
2. Over medium-high heat, sauté onion, celery, carrots until soft (about 5 minutes). Stir in sweet potato, pepper, and garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes. Add spices.
3. Add vegetable stock, and bring to a simmer. Add cashew meal and salt, to taste. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes. Stir in lemon zest.
4. Blend until completely smooth. Serve.
Written, directed and cooked by
Emma Jane Gonzalez and Sasha Winters
Director of Photography
David William Turner
Sasha Winters (with lots of help from Adam Goldman, Doug Anderson and David William Turner)
Theme song by Emma and Sasha
Tate Garibyan and Andrea Mazzocca Grespan
Andrea Mazzocca Grespan
Emma Jane Gonzalez
and Owen Scott as the Police Officer
Jennifer Ella Kauffman
Florrie Funk (Emma actually likes smelling like soup and is sorry that she ever implied otherwise. Thank you for sending her to school with real food)