A fresh Heirloom Tomato Carpaccio, with Laura Chenel’s goat cheese, Tealeaves Jamaican Spice emulsion, radish and pickled beets. This dish is a touch of summer, with four different colors of heirloom tomatoes, fresh herbs to compliment, verdure infused goat cheese, and smooth Jamaican Spice paste as tantalizing condiment.
Bring in the warm months with Executive Chef Olivier Belliard’s bouquet of vibrant tomatoes. C’est magnifique!
Find this recipe & more on our Blog: http://folio.tealeaves.com/category/recipes/ — coming soon —
or in Tealeaves Recipes: http://www.tealeaves.com/recipes/ — coming soon —
HEIRLOOM TOMATO CARPACCIO with GOAT CHEESE & JAMAICAN SPICE CONDIMENT
1 of each color Heirloom tomato (red, yellow, green, black)
siphon of herb infused goat cheese
baby radish assortment
fresh herb garden
1. Slice the heirloom tomato with slicing machine, very thin. Make sure you have various color of tomato as it will make it more colorful in the plate.
2. Prepare your sliced radish, portion in quarter your pickled beet and pick your herb.
3. Take a large ring and place it on your plate, it will guide you to place the sliced tomato. Alternate the different colors of sliced tomatoes on the plate. Fill the plate – making sure that you don’t pile too much of tomato; it needs to keep the feel of a Carpaccio.
4. Take the goat cheese mix, shake the siphon, and place some drops on top of the tomatoes.
5. Dispatch beet, radish slice, herb garden and confetti flower through your plate – giving some space between every component, allowing them to express themselves.
Season, et voila..
HERB INFUSED GOAT CHEESE
250 g Laura Chenel’s goat cheese ( http://laurachenel.com/ )
15 g tarragon
125 ml heavy cream
Have the cream heated, then add the tarragon, leave it to infuse.
Once infused, strain and add to the goat cheese. Texture need to be smooth and almost running.
Place the mix on siphon with 2 ISI chargers, place in chiller.
JAMAICAN SPICE CONDIMENT
1 tbsp Tealeaves Jamaican Spice
1 tsp agar agar
1. Prepare the tea with Jamaican Spice blend. Once infused, strain
2. Add agar agar and bring to boil.
3. Pass through a thin sieve and set aside.
4. Allow the tea to set (~ time takes to slice tomatoes). Place it in robot coupe for 2 -3 minutes until it is smooth, and then place it in squeeze bottle.
SHOP TEA used in recipe
Jamaican Spice : http://bit.ly/1IGHeEd
Watch more TEA RECIPES
Lemon Verbena Iced Tea with Mountain Berry Ice Cubes : https://vimeo.com/105987224
Smokey Forestea Ramen with Smokey Bonito & Pork : https://vimeo.com/112831629
Seared Tuna with Tangerine Rooibos & Watermelon : https://vimeo.com/114930644
MEET the Chef
Executive Chef Olivier Belliard of The St. Regis San Francisco : https://vimeo.com/102440253
ABOUT TEALEAVES: Known as the luxury tea blender to Michelin Chefs and five-star hotels worldwide, we bring you not only an exquisite cup, but a way of living, beautifully. Order online for quality tea to your doorstep.
Business Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Blog (Folio): http://folio.tealeaves.com