Aloe Vera is a bona fide superfood with a myriad of health benefits and a stellar smoothie enhancement.
– 1 cup almond or coconut milk.
– 1 filleted aloe vera leaf *note that the more concave the leaf the bitter the taste – try and aim for as level as possible*
– 1/2 cup fresh or frozen fruit.
– 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil.
– 1 handful of fresh basil.
– 2 tablespoons of Chia seeds (if you like texture)
A little honey or maple syrup to sweeten (optional)
– sprinkle slivered almonds or coconut shreds on top after pouring
*the sick background jam is “if it makes you happy” by Eli Way and cehryl – go check out their Spotify accounts!*