For recipes, scroll down or visit www.eatourfeelings.com.
Find us on Facebook and Twitter: facebook.com/eatourfeelingsyum | twitter.com/eatourfeelings
EPISODES: Sandwich Time (vimeo.com/eatourfeelings/sandwich), Heartbreakers (vimeo.com/eatourfeelings/heartbreakers), Brunch (vimeo.com/eatourfeelings/brunch), Valentine’s Day (vimeo.com/eatourfeelings/valentine), Cleanse (vimeo.com/eatourfeelings/cleanse)
• 3 medium-large sweet potatoes
• 1 1/2 cups chopped kale
• 1 yellow onion, small dice
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 cup cooked adzuki beans (or other canned/cooked bean of choice)
• 1/3 cup, sunflower seeds
• 1/3 cup, raisins
• approximately 1 tbsp coconut oil
• salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. On a baking sheet, bake the sweet potatoes, whole, for about 30 minutes, or until soft enough to easily pierce the flesh with a fork. Cut potatoes in half, length-wise, and let cool slightly.
2. Over medium heat, sautee onions in coconut oil with a sprinkle of salt. When they are translucent, add garlic, stirring, then kale. Cook for a minute or two, stirring frequently, until kale is just softened, but not browned. Set aside in bowl.
3. Using a spoon, scoop the flesh of the potatoes, leaving enough for the skin to hold it’s adorable boat-shape (you don’t want limp, floppy, boats). Put the scooped flesh into the bowl with the kale. To that mixture, add sunflower seeds and raisons. Mix thoroughly, and add salt to taste.
4. Refill the sweet potato skins with the kale mixture. Bake for another 20 minutes, or until lightly golden. Top with beans, tahini sauce, and pickled cabbage.
• 1/2 head of purple cabbage, sliced into thin strips
• 2 cups apple cider vinegar
• 1 cup, water
• 1/3 cup salt
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 2 tsp coriander seeds
1. Place thinly sliced cabbage in a heat-safe bowl.
2. In small pot, combine vinegar, water, salt, cinnamon, and coriander, and bring to a boil. Pour over cabbage. Let sit until room temperature, and store in fridge.
• 1/4 cup, tahini
• 2 tsp of tamari or soy sauce
• juice of 1 lime
• 1 pinch, cayenne
• 1-2 tbsp chopped or minced cilantro
• water, to thin sauce to desired consistency (about 2 tablespoons)
1. Combine all ingredients, and whisk together.
2. Drizzle over sweet potatoes (or other things. good on other things, too)
Written and Cooked by
Emma Jane Gonzalez & Sasha Winters
Director of Photography
David William Turner
Sasha: Sasha Winters
Emma: Emma Jane Gonzalez
Yoga Instructor: Ashley Spivak
Janine: Danielle Beckmann
with Todd Clayton, Alex Dao, Tate Garibyan, Conor A. O’Brien, Timo Säilä
Ali A. Rashti
First Assistant Director:
Second Assistant Director:
David William Turner
Brian Fabry Dorsam
Original Music by:
“India” by Akashic Records
“Fight Club” by Loops Lab
Diane & Tony Turner
Daily Press Coffee
Meme’s Healthy Nibbles
Brooklyn Moon Cafe
This episode was made possible by the generous donations of more than 300 Kickstarter backers. THANK YOU!
Shot on location at Urban Asanas, Crown Heights, Brooklyn.
Visit eatourfeelings.com for more recipes and videos!